Abercorn Sinclair is supporting one of their tech clients based in the central belt as they look to add a new Test Engineer to their development team.
Working within their multi-discipline product design teams you will develop and execute system level tests to qualify their complex products for launch.
- Creating test plans from software and hardware product requirements
- Developing and documenting automated and manual test suites
- Executing system test cycles prior to product release
- ‘Customer centric’ testing encouraging a whole-team responsibility to product quality
- Recording test results and working with the design engineers to resolve issues
- Contributing to test methodologies and environment
Essential Skills & Experience
- Ability to develop and execute both manual and automated tests
- Knowledge of test automation frameworks and programming/scripting experience with either C#, TCL or Python
- Defect reporting methods and tools such as Bugzilla/JIRA or similar
- Packet based timing and networking, OSI model, packet structures and protocols such as IPV4, IPV6, VLAN, etc.
- An understanding of digital signals and use of lab equipment such as signal generators, oscilloscopes and frequency counters
- Web UI testing over different browsers using technologies such as Selenium, XPath & CSS
- Web based API protocols such as REST and HTTP protocol
- Knowledge of product development models such as waterfall and iterative development
- Use of a Test Management Tool such as TestRail
- Strong willingness to learn the products and their application and experience of having done so previously for complex products
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant technical discipline with several years industry experience in a similar, structured test role. You will be a strong team player with the ability to work across multi-disciplined teams and have a passion for delivering leading edge solutions.
In return you can expect a very competitive salary + comprehensive benefits
For a confidential discussion, please contact Keith Tocher on 0131-357-5993 at Abercorn Sinclair Ltd.
If this role is not quite what you are looking for, but you would like to register your CV. Please upload your CV via the Abercorn Sinclair website.