Comprehensive benefits package
Abercorn Sinclair’s client is a long-established engineering firm based in Dundee that specialise in developing harsh environment, communications systems and is part of a global group of companies employing over 20,000 staff world-wide.
They have a new opportunity in their Dundee site for a Test engineer to join their small Test team.
You will be part of a small test team working with colleagues in Dundee, London and France to plan, develop and execute qualification and test of engineering designs to customer and industry specifications.
Skills and experience:
- A broad understanding and experience of electronic, mechanical, and environmental test equipment, software and procedures
- Knowledge and use of test equipment for either DC and/or RF/Microwave testing, including but not exclusively; Multimeters, Oscilloscopes, HiPOT, Signal Generators, Power amplifiers, Network Analysers, Power Meters and Spectrum Analysers
- Knowledge of MIL-Spec or other relevant Space/Defence/Aerospace/Medical/Automotive regulatory/safety standards
- Ability to perform root cause analysis utilising standard problem-solving tools and methodologies
- Knowledge of statistical methods and tools to determine product adherence to specification
- Knowledge of 3D modelling/simulation packages would be advantageous, but not essential
- Interpret customer specifications and develop test procedures, test plans and test reports to qualify new and existing products.
- Develop solutions for systems and process improvements to increase efficiency and expand capability in the testing environment
- Deliver projects in a timely fashion and implement measures to mitigate delays
- Design and develop fixtures to carryout testing and characterization
- Supports updates to relevant areas of project management planning for NPI, including % of time spent on individual projects on a weekly basis.
- Provide Sales, product Line management and customer facing teams with proposed Test and Qualification content, test schedule and estimated test costs
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level in a relevant technical discipline and have several years within a similar role. Candidates with high voltage DC experience would be of significant interest.
Please note: Occasional local or international travel may be required
In return you can expect a competitive salary and benefits package including pension and bonus
For a confidential discussion please call Keith Tocher on 0131 357 5993/07968 817387 or email firstname.lastname@example.org