Life Science & Biotechnology, Software Development /IT & Infrastructure
Competitive + comprehensive benefits package
Software Engineer (C# .NET)
Abercorn Sinclair is delighted to be supporting Horiba as they seek to add a Software Engineer to their development team in Glasgow city centre.
Horiba is a global organisation that designs and manufactures a wide range of precision scientific instruments for measurement and analysis across a range of sectors.
The site in Glasgow is a small R&D and production facility, the successful candidate will join an established multi-disciplinary team of Scientists and Electronic Engineers.
Flex working model: 2 days WFH per week
Working hours 37.5 p/w
Working predominately within instrumentation control, data capture, and visualisation software you will have the following responsibilities:
- Developing and maintaining WinForms applications
- Documenting requirements, specifications, and designs
- Writing well-designed code and unit tests
- Participating in code reviews and daily meetings
- Contributing to continuous improvement of software development processes
- Working with the project team to design optimal solutions and solve problems
Primary skills required:
- .NET Framework
- WinForms Development
- Collaborative team member able to interact with technical and non-technical users
Experience of interest:
- Source code version control such as Git
- Development tools such as Visual Studio, JIRA, MSBuild, Jenkins
- Unit test frameworks such as NUnit or MSTest
- IU design (DevExpress of particular interest)
- Iterative or Agile development methodologies (Scrum / Kanban)
- Image Processing / Manipulation
The ideal candidate will be educated to a degree level or equivalent in computer science or related technical discipline with a few years of commercial, C# development experience behind them.
This is a small development team with an R&D focus and will offer a great opportunity for someone to make a meaningful contribution to the development of their scientific products.
You can expect to receive a competitive salary and bonus, pension matched up to 9% - Bupa Health, Dental, GP, life cover 4 x salary – working hours 37.5 p/w, holiday provision 22 + 8 increasing to 25 + 8.
For a confidential discussion please contact our recruitment partner, Keith Tocher at Abercorn Sinclair.
About Abercorn Sinclair
Abercorn Sinclair is a specialist, technical recruitment consultancy based in Edinburgh. We provide permanent, interim, and contract solutions across the science & technology sectors.