Life Science & Biotechnology
Competitive + comprehensive benefits package
Snr Buyer/Procurement Manager – (Biotechnology)
Abercorn Sinclair is proud to partner with Asklepios Biopharmaceutical (AskBio) as they seek to appoint a new role within their US based, global supply chain team, this position is based at the Roslin Innovation Centre, Edinburgh.
Asklepios BioPharmaceutical, Inc. (AskBio) is a leading, clinical-stage gene therapy company founded in 2001 based on the work of adeno-associated virus (AAV) gene therapy visionary and pioneer, Jude Samulski, PhD. Since that time, their commitment to developing life-saving medicines that can potentially cure genetic diseases has never wavered.
At AskBio, they’ve built a foundation of therapeutic programs, AAV manufacturing and a rich portfolio of patented technology. Their therapeutic focus includes neuromuscular, central nervous system, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases with clinical trials underway for Pompe disease, Parkinson’s disease, and congestive heart failure. Their gene therapy platform includes Pro10™, an industry-leading proprietary cell line manufacturing process, and an extensive AAV capsid and promoter library.
They became a wholly owned, independently operated, subsidiary of Bayer AG in late 2020 as a cornerstone of its newly formed Cell & Gene Therapy (CGT) platform. Their global headquarters is in Research Triangle Park, NC. Additionally, they have significant operations in Philadelphia, PA, Columbus, OH, Scotland, France, and Spain.
With a dotted line to the Supply Chain Director in the US, you will report locally to the Snr Director of Business Operations. Working closely with several of the existing team including the Lab Manager (Edinburgh), you will have oversight of all procurement for the UK, France and Germany. (c. 90 people)
This is a critical role within the growing supply chain team, we are looking for individuals with procure-to-pay experience who can work closely with accounts and other key stakeholders to develop and implement new processes to increase efficiencies across the business.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Execute supply chain processes in support of supply chain and business objectives.
- Identify new and manage existing suppliers to meet all quality and delivery objectives.
- Work closely with stockroom/shipping/receiving to avoid any adverse production impact from materials availability and/or supplier delivery delays.
- Recommend and implement solutions to optimise inventory investment and maximise internal/external customer satisfaction.
- Operate in compliance with all regulatory requirements and guidelines.
- Identify and communicate all operational conflicts to the Supply Chain Leader.
- Other duties as assigned by the Supply Chain Leader.
- Complete, in-depth understanding of all aspects of procurement, inventory, and service levels.
- Previous experience in Bio-Tech/Pharma/R&D, manufacturing environment.
- Coupa procurement software experience preferred, (not a prerequisite).
- Must have Industry experience with electronic procurement/ ERP systems.
- Considerable experience working with MS Office applications with proficiency in Excel and other analytics platforms.
- A confident communicator both verbally and written.
- Effectively manage own workload to meet project deliverables.
This role could suit a degree-qualified candidate with several years of industry experience within a similar role ideally, within a biotech/pharma/R&D/manufacturing environment.
We are looking for dynamic, natural problem solvers who enjoy developing and improving systems and processes and who can add meaningful value to the strategic plan for the procurement department.
You will join a highly skilled team with the opportunity to work with a business at the forefront of gene regulation and play a crucial role, in supporting the development of future gene therapy treatments.
You can expect to receive a competitive salary plus additional benefits including, a bonus, life cover, critical illness, health, pension, cycle to work, onsite gym, and on-site café.
Please contact our retained partner, Keith Tocher at Abercorn Sinclair for a confidential discussion.
About Abercorn Sinclair
Abercorn Sinclair is a specialist, technical recruitment consultancy based in Edinburgh. We provide permanent, interim, and contract solutions across the science & technology sectors.