Life Science & Biotechnology
Senior Study Manager - Immunology
Our client is a young, dynamic CRO based in the central belt, they work closely with numerous customers to support their development programmes from early-stage discovery to later clinical stages.
As part of the operations team, this role reports directly into the COO, with responsibility for several study managers and multiple live projects.
- Provide scientific knowledge and expertise in immunology and/or cancer biology
- Overall responsibility for the technical conduct of studies, complex data analysis and interpretation, documentation, and reporting of results
- Engage with customer to establish key relationships and understand long term requirements
- Independently manage a broad range of complex customer studies as required, adhering to the quality management system
- Support Study Managers in the execution of customer studies, including study planning, scheduling, preparation and review of documentation, and customer communication as and when required
- Provide leadership and mentorship to the junior members of staff and direct reports, to maintain high standards of morale and culture that assist in the delivery of a quality service
- Line manage, support and mentor a team of scientists
- Drive and implement new processes and procedural updates to make the department run smoother
- Scientific expert in immunology with a demonstrable understanding of T cell, myeloid cell, or tumour cell biology
- Experience in assays employing primary immune cells such as T cell activation, myeloid cell differentiation and activation, immune cell-mediated cell killing, phagocytosis assays, Treg suppression assays etc
- Hands-on experience using multi-colour flow cytometry (more than 6 colours) and data analysis.
- Extensive experience in analysis and interpretation of complicated data from biological assays
- PhD qualified with several years of industry experience holding a senior, project management or customer-facing role
- Kinetic studies using xCELLigence Real-Time Cell Analysis System
- Molecular biology methodologies
- Good knowledge of the analysis of biopharmaceuticals and application of ICH guidelines.
For a confidential discussion please contact our retained partner, Keith Tocher at Abercorn Sinclair – 07968817387 / 0131-357-5993.
About Abercorn Sinclair
Abercorn Sinclair is a specialist, technical recruitment consultancy based in Edinburgh. We provide permanent, interim, and contract services across the science, technology, and engineering sectors.