Life Science & Biotechnology
Comprehensive benefits package
SeniorScientist – Gene therapy
Abercorn Sinclair is proud to partner with Asklepios Biopharmaceutical (AskBio), as they look to appoint a Senior Scientist to their R&D team at the Roslin Innovation Centre.
Formally Synpromics Ltd, they were formed in 2010 and quickly became recognised as a leader in the field of gene regulation. By designing and developing synthetic promoters they can regulate genes with unprecedented control, in any cell type or environmental condition.
In mid-2019, they were acquired by AskBio, one of the world’s foremost therapeutic organisations, whose founding partner pioneered the use of Adeno Associated Virus (AAV) as a viral vector.
This is a senior scientific post with project management accountabilities and potentially line management responsibilities. You will join the rapidly expanding platform R&D team to develop the next generation of gene therapy treatments. The ideal candidate will have a strong grounding in molecular and cellular biology with detailed knowledge of gene transcription and control mechanisms surrounding gene regulation.
- Investigate novel ways to control gene expression for next-generation gene therapy vectors
- Develop new technologies and pipelines to deliver vectorised Ab’s for treating infectious diseases
- Project management and delivery of projects to set timelines
- Setting up in vivo studies with academic partners or CROs
- Co-ordinating with other groups within the company
- Mentor/develop the wider scientific team
Skills and Experience:
- Experience with mammalian cell/tissue culture and cloning is essential
- Experience with a variety of cellular and molecular biology techniques such as cloning, sequence analysis, and manipulation, RT-PCR, transcription profiling, assay development, ELISA, transcription activity assays, etc.
- Diligent recording of data; high attention to detail; experience with ELN and databases
- An understanding of hypothesis-driven experimentation
- Working in a GLP environment
- Innovative and natural problem solver; able to “join the dots” of disparate information
- Confident and clear presentation of data, verbally and through written reports
- Effectively manage workload to meet project deliverables
- Motivated to learn and develop new methods and techniques
This role could suit a Ph.D. qualified candidate with several years of industry experience behind them, we are seeking individuals with demonstrable “leadership” experience, from an industrial setting.
This is a unique opportunity to join an exciting, rapidly expanding gene therapy company that has a proven history of developing highly effective, life-changing therapies.
You will be joining a highly skilled team with the opportunity to work at the front end of gene regulation and play a vital role in the development of future gene therapy treatments.
You can expect to receive a competitive salary plus additional benefits including bonus, life insurance, critical illness, health, pension, cycle to work, onsite gym, on-site café.
For a confidential discussion please contact our retained partner, Keith Tocher at Abercorn Sinclair.
About Abercorn Sinclair
Abercorn Sinclair is a specialist, technical recruitment consultancy based in Edinburgh. We provide permanent, interim, and contract services across the science, technology, and engineering sectors.