Life Science & Biotechnology
Competitive + comprehensive benefits package
Senior Scientist – (Gene Editing and Molecular Biology)
Abercorn Sinclair is proud to partner with Skylark Therapeutics as they seek to appoint several new scientific roles to their early-stage research team in Stevenage.
Led by a seasoned executive team, Skylark is an early-stage venture focused on applying the company’s proprietary Genome Editing induced Gene Silencing platform (GEiGS) to the development of novel human therapeutics.
The GEiGS technology facilitates Stable, Tunable, and Programmable silencing activity, differentiating it from alternative gene editing or gene regulation approaches, and specifically enables the production of programmable, next-generation cell therapies, addressing many current limitations.
Joining a multidisciplinary team of computational and experimental biologists, you will have the opportunity to play a crucial role in a cutting-edge research program that will have a real impact on patients’ lives.
The responsibilities will be broad and variable but with a focus on molecular techniques, gene editing optimisation, and genetic manipulation of mammalian cells.
Due to the early-stage nature of the company we are looking for resourceful and pragmatic individuals who are collaborative in their approach and relish working in a dynamic environment.
- Experience with genetic manipulation of mammalian cells using gene editing and RNAi tools
- Strong knowledge of genetic engineering landscape, and approaches, especially around CRISPR and related gene-editing systems
- Optimisation of gene-editing methods, design of editing strategies, and development of genotyping workflows
- Extensive molecular biology experience for the design of synthetic DNA constructs and libraries, and use of different assembly methodologies (restriction, golden gate, Gibson)
- Use of viral vectors for gene delivery (esp. Lentivirus) in both arrayed and pooled formats
- Gene Editing in iPSCs
- Development of automated workflows
- Familiarity with non-coding RNA biology
- Experience with NGS technologies, transcriptomics, and collaborating with bioinformaticians
- Good understanding and experience in IPR-related areas – landscaping, FTO searches, and application drafting
Qualifications / Profile
- Educated to MSc or Ph.D. with several years demonstrable industry experience
- Proven experience working as part of a team and on collaborative projects
- Accomplished communication skills with the proven ability to relay information effectively and efficiently, both to computational and experimental scientists.
- Team-orientation toward collaboration and mutual success
- Ability to ensure reproducible and transferable work through the use of appropriate procedures and documentation
This is a unique opportunity to join an exciting therapeutics company at the start of their journey and play a critical role in the development of future, life-changing treatments.
You can expect to receive a highly competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package.
For a confidential discussion please contact our retained partner, Keith Tocher at Abercorn Sinclair.
Please note: All third-party applications will be directed to our retained partner at Abercorn Sinclair to be processed.
About Abercorn Sinclair
Abercorn Sinclair is a specialist, technical recruitment consultancy based in Edinburgh. We provide a range of bespoke services across the science, technology, and engineering sectors.