Comprehensive benefits package
Senior Scientist – Gene Therapy
Abercorn Sinclair is delighted to partner with a world leader, as they look to add several new positions to their team at the Roslin Innovation Centre.
Formed in 2010, they quickly became recognised as a leader in the field of gene regulation. By designing and developing synthetic promoters they can regulate genes with unprecedented control, in any cell type or environmental condition.
In mid-2019, they were acquired by a US company, one of the world’s leading therapeutic organisations, whose founding partner pioneered the use of Adeno Associated Virus (AAV) as a viral vector.
You will join the rapidly expanding platform R&D team to develop the next generation of gene therapy treatments. The ideal candidate will have a strong grounding in molecular and cellular biology with detailed knowledge of gene transcription and control mechanisms surrounding gene regulation.
- Investigate novel ways to control gene expression for next generation gene therapy vectors
- Develop new technologies and pipelines to deliver vectorised Ab’s for treating infectious diseases
- Project management and delivery of projects to set timelines
- Setting up in vivo studies with academic partners or CROs
- Co-ordinating with other groups within the company
- Mentor/develop the wider scientific team
Skills and Experience:
- Experience with mammalian cell/tissue culture and cloning is essential
- Experience with a variety of cellular and molecular biology techniques such as cloning, sequence analysis and manipulation, RT-PCR, transcription profiling, assay development, ELISA, transcription activity assays etc.
- Diligent recording of data; high attention to detail; experience with ELN and databases
- An understanding of hypothesis driven experimentation
- Working in a GLP environment
- Lab management, ensuring appropriate levels of control over scientific data, equipment and materials, maintaining appropriate levels of documentation, record keeping, and procedures
- Collaboration with the broader team to complete project deliverables
- Health and Safety and GMO risk assessments
- Innovative and natural problem solver; able to “join the dots” of disparate information
- Detail-oriented and able to perform precise work in the laboratory
- Confident and clear presentation of data, verbally and through written reports
- Effectively manage own time/workload to meet project deliverables with minimal oversight
- Motivated to learn and master new methods and techniques
This role could suit a PhD qualified candidate with several years relevant industry experience behind them, we are seeking individuals with demonstrable “leadership” experience form an industrial setting.
This is a unique opportunity to join an exciting, rapidly expanding gene therapy company that has a proven history of developing highly effective, life changing therapies.
You will be joining a highly skilled team with the opportunity to work at the front end of gene regulation and play a vital role in the development of future gene therapy treatments.
You can expect to receive a competitive salary plus additional benefits including; life, critical illness, health, pension, cycle to work, onsite gym, on site café.
For a confidential discussion please contact our retained partner, Keith Tocher at Abercorn Sinclair.
About Abercorn Sinclair
Abercorn Sinclair is a specialist, technical recruitment consultancy based in Edinburgh. We provide permanent, interim and contract services across the science, technology and engineering sectors.