Comprehensive benefits package
Scientist - Molecular/Cellular Biology
Abercorn Sinclair is delighted to partner with Synpromics Ltd, ‘An AskBio Company’, as they look to add several new positions to their team at the Roslin Innovation Centre.
Formed in 2010, Synpromics quickly became recognised as a leader in the field of gene regulation. By designing and developing synthetic promoters they can regulate genes with unprecedented control, in any cell type or environmental condition.
In mid-2019, Synpromics was acquired by Askepios Biopharmaceutical (AskBio), one of the world’s leading therapeutic companies, whose founding partner pioneered the use of Adeno Associated Virus (AAV) as a viral vector.
You will join the rapidly expanding platform R&D team to develop the next generation of gene therapy treatments. The ideal candidate will have a good grounding in molecular and cellular biology with relevant in-vivo, gene therapy experince with a focus on the central nervous system (CNS)
Scientists with the following experience could be of significant interest; AAV, Small molecules, Gene regulation, CNS, Animal models.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience with mammalian cell/tissue culture and cloning is essential
- Experience with a variety of cellular and molecular biology techniques such as cloning, sequence analysis and manipulation, RT-PCR, transcription profiling, assay development, ELISA, transcription activity assays etc.
- Diligent recording of data; high attention to detail; experience with ELN and databases
- An understanding of hypothesis driven experimentation
- Working in a GLP environment
- Lab management, ensuring appropriate levels of control over scientific data, equipment and materials, maintaining appropriate levels of documentation, record keeping, and procedures
- Collaboration with the broader team to complete project deliverables
- Interact with senior members of the research team to ensure appropriate experimental design and analysis
- Housekeeping duties in the laboratory including stock management
- Health and Safety and GMO risk assessments
- Innovative and natural problem solver; able to “join the dots” of disparate information
- Detail-oriented and able to perform precise work in the laboratory
- Confident and clear presentation of data, verbally and through written reports
- Effectively manage own time/workload to meet project deliverables with minimal oversight
- Motivated to learn and master new methods and techniques
This role could suit an MRes/MScR qualified candidate with a couple of years relevant industry experience behind them, or a recent PhD graduate looking for their first industry role.
This is a unique opportunity to join an exciting, rapidly expanding gene therapy company that has a proven history of developing highly effective, life changing therapies.
You will be joining a highly skilled team with the opportunity to work at the front end of gene regulation and play a vital role in the development of future gene therapy treatments.
You can expect to receive a competitive salary plus additional benefits including, life, critical illness, health, pension, cycle to work, onsite gym, on site café.
For a confidential discussion please contact our retained partner, Keith Tocher at Abercorn Sinclair.
About Abercorn Sinclair
Abercorn Sinclair is a specialist, technical recruitment consultancy based in Edinburgh. We provide permanent, interim and contract services across the science, technology and engineering sectors.