Life Science & Biotechnology
Competitive + comprehensive benefits package
Scientist – (Cell Biology)
Abercorn Sinclair is proud to partner with Skylark Therapeutics as they seek to appoint several new scientific roles to their early-stage research team in Stevenage.
Led by a seasoned executive team, Skylark is an early-stage venture focused on applying the company’s proprietary Genome Editing induced Gene Silencing platform (GEiGS) to the development of novel human therapeutics.
The GEiGS technology facilitates Stable, Tunable, and Programmable silencing activity, differentiating it from alternative gene editing or gene regulation approaches, and specifically enables the production of programmable, next-generation cell therapies, addressing many current limitations.
Joining a multidisciplinary team of computational and experimental biologists, you will have the opportunity to play a crucial role in a cutting-edge research program that will have a real impact on patients’ lives.
The responsibilities and tasks will be broad and variable however, there will be a focus on mammalian cell biology, the development of flow cytometry assays, and cell sorting.
Due to the early-stage nature of the company we are looking for resourceful and pragmatic individuals who are collaborative in their approach and relish working in a dynamic environment.
- Significant cell biology experience across a range of different mammalian cell types
- Extensive experience with developing flow cytometry assays, and with cell sorting/FACS
- Use of in-vitro assays to profile immune cell biology
- Systematic, methodical approach
- Culturing and characterization of iPSCs/stem cells and primary cells
- iPSC differentiation
- Use of single-cell methodologies to profile cell therapy products and/or immune cells (e.g., 10X Genomics or MissionBio)
Qualifications / Profile
- Educated to MSc or Ph.D. level with relevant industry or postdoc experience
- Accomplished communication skills with proven ability to relay information effectively and efficiently, both to computational and experimental scientists
- Team-orientation toward collaboration and mutual success
- Ability to ensure reproducible and transferable work through the use of appropriate procedures and documentation
This is a unique opportunity to join an exciting therapeutics company at the start of their journey and play a critical role in the development of future, life-changing treatments.
You can expect to receive a highly competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package.
For a confidential discussion please contact our retained partner, Keith Tocher at Abercorn Sinclair.
Please note: All third-party applications will be directed to our retained partner at Abercorn Sinclair to be processed.
About Abercorn Sinclair
Abercorn Sinclair is a specialist, technical recruitment consultancy based in Edinburgh. We provide a range of bespoke services across the science, technology, and engineering sectors.