Life Science & Biotechnology
Competitive + comprehensive benefits package
Research Associate I/II (Production)
Abercorn Sinclair is delighted to partner with Asklepios Biopharmaceutical (AskBio), as they seek to appoint a new Research Associate to their production team based at the Roslin Innovation Centre, Edinburgh.
Established in 2001 and headquartered in North Carolina, they now have three European sites where they continue to advance genetic technologies and develop lifesaving adeno-associated virus (AAV) gene therapies.
AskBio’s co-founder pioneered the use of AAV almost 40 years ago demonstrating it could be cloned for therapeutic purposes. His ground-breaking research propelled the most exciting field in medical research today and their current clinical pipeline includes a range of central nervous system, neuromuscular, metabolic, and cardiovascular disorders with new research initiatives underway.
The research facility in Edinburgh continues to expand and we have several opportunities across the development teams.
The role will primarily involve the production and purification of viruses from mammalian cells therefore, experience in manufacturing processes (USP/DSP and QC) would be highly advantageous. Ideally, you will have experience in recombinant protein, virus, or biologic manufacture in an industrial setting.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in the manufacture of viruses (AAV preferable), recombinant proteins, or biologics.
- Cell culture aseptic working techniques are essential
- Knowledge of purification (DSP) and analytics (QC) for bioproducts would be advantageous
- Technical knowledge of molecular biology techniques, such as PCR, cloning, and sequence analysis and manipulation, would be advantageous
- Adept at working with and updating SOPs to produce reproducible results
- Experience in fundamental lab skills; pipetting, aliquoting reagents, media/solution preparation, working in a GLP environment
- Effective written and verbal communication across/between team members and management
- Experience in H&S, COSHH, and Risk Assessments
- Detail-oriented and able to perform precise work
- Effectively manage own time/workload to meet deliverables with minimal oversight
This role could suit a BSc/MSc qualified candidate with considerable cell culture exposure and at least a couple of years of industry experience behind them in a similar manufacturing/production discipline.
This is a unique opportunity to join an exciting, rapidly expanding gene therapy company that has a proven history of developing highly effective, life-changing therapies.
You will be joining a highly skilled team with the opportunity to work at the front end of gene regulation and play a vital role, to aid the development of future therapies.
You can expect to receive a competitive salary plus additional benefits including bonus, life, critical illness, health, pension, cycle to work, onsite gym, and on-site café.
Please contact our retained partner, Keith Tocher at Abercorn Sinclair for a confidential discussion.
About Abercorn Sinclair
Abercorn Sinclair is a specialist, technical recruitment consultancy based in Edinburgh. We provide permanent, interim, and contract services across the science & technology sectors.