£45,000 to £65,000 Per Annum
Project Manager (Electronics Design)
Abercorn Sinclair is supporting a local Electronics Design Consultancy based in Livingston. In late 2019 they were acquired by a large US business so they are now part of a global organisation offering a full range of design and manufacturing services across multiple sectors.
Due to continued growth and a recent internal move they are looking to add a new PM to their multiskilled team in Livingston.
They offer the full product development cycle for their customers from proof-of-concept and prototype through to full production. They have been delivering electronics and software solutions for almost two decades, and now work with their sister company in Scotland to deliver complete design including mechanical and optical.
The project manager has broad authority and responsibility for the customer relationship and success of projects. Cultivating the customer's initial ideas you will use your product development and project management experience to lead and support the design team to develop innovative tangible products, often within tight timescales.
Essential skills and experience:
- Detailed understanding of the embedded system's product development process, from concept through to manufacture
- Knowledge of a variety of engineering development processes, from waterfall through to agile
- Experience in customer and supplier relationship management
- Good technical and commercial judgement
- Project estimation and planning, Microsoft Project
- The ability to manage multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to interpret a variety of datasheets, protocol documents, design specifications
Advantageous skills and experience:
- Strong background in digital and analogue system design, microcontroller system design
- Experience in project financial management and techniques e.g. earned value analysis
- Knowledge of highly regulated development processes, e.g. medical devices, ATEX
- Experience in preparing detailed proposals, helping to negotiate and win new contracts
You will be a natural problem solver, be comfortable creating customer-ready documentation and enjoy working in a dynamic environment.
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant technical discipline and have both design and project management experience behind them.
- Be someone who possesses a keen sense for priorities and balancing conflicting needs and resources
- Enjoy problem-solving and working in a fast-paced, team-based technical environment
- Enjoy building relationships with the many and varied stakeholders in a project
- Take responsibility for delivering customer projects to specification, on time, and budget
- Investigate, develop and utilise new technologies, components, and techniques, processes, and tools
- Be comfortable creating customer-ready documentation and reports
- Be organised, meticulous, and pay great attention to detail
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing consultancy and get exposure to a wide range of sectors and technologies. They are a very flexible organisation and welcome applications from a variety of industries.
In return, you can expect a very competitive salary, pension, and flexible working conditions.
For a confidential discussion please call Keith Tocher on 0131 357 5993/07968 817387 or email email@example.com
About Abercorn Sinclair
Abercorn Sinclair is a specialist, technical recruitment consultancy based in Edinburgh. We provide permanent, interim, and contract services across the science, technology, and engineering sectors.