Engineering, IT Software
Pension + Share options
Abercorn Sinclair is working in partnership with a dynamic, growing engineering firm based in the West Lothian. Due to multiple development projects they are looking to add several new heads to their engineering team.
They have an immediate requirement for an experienced PM with experience of Software, Electrical/Hardware and Mechanical Engineering in a product development environment. Transferring projects from development into Manufacturing is also a prerequisite for the role.
The role brief overview:
This is a client-facing role for development projects:
- Agree project deliverables and timescales with the client
- Completion of projects on time within budget and within scope
- Identify resources
- Plan tasks, milestones and assess risks
- Monitor and manage progress of tasks towards achieving project goals
- Prepare reports for the senior management team
- Liaise with the Engineering and R&D managers to resource the project
- Assist in the business development/Sales function definition of project, objectives and system architecture, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility - from small engineered-to-order projects to large scale customer programmes
- Oversee and support Engineering and Project Management estimates, response to project RFP’s and bid proposals
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors/subcontractors
- Develop detailed project plans and schedules against which to monitor and track progress
- Collaborate with Engineering/R&D leaders to direct project team (System Architects, Software Developers, Electronic & Mechanical Engineers) to achieve project deliverables
- Work with Engineering/R&D leaders to identify skills gaps and address through hiring, training, outsourcing, etc
- Manage changes to the project lifecycle scope, schedule and costs to maintain budget and on time delivery
- Measure project performance using appropriate metrics
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Implement and maintain best-in-class project management tools and processes
- Delegate project tasks based on team members’ individual strengths, skills and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
- Proven working experience in Project Management with Software, Hardware and Mechanical integration requirements
- Experience in transferring projects from Development into Production
- Project Management Qualification, such as PMP, PRINCE II, Scrum Master or Agile Coach
In turn you will have the opportunity to work for an exciting, growing engineering company in the IoT field, driven to overcome the unique challenges of through water and ground communications.
Benefits: Pension Scheme,Company Share Options Scheme, Cycle To Work Scheme, 33 days holidays per year (inclusive of public holidays)
For a confidential discussion please contact Keith Tocher on 0131 357 5993/07968 817387 at Abercorn Sinclair Ltd.