Comprehensive benefits package
Project Engineering Lead
Abercorn Sinclair is delighted to be supporting QuEST-Global, one of the world’s foremost engineering services companies. Operating across 15 countries and employing more than 12,000 personnel they provide product engineering and lifecycle services to a range of high-tech industries including Aerospace & Defence, Transportation (Auto and Rail), Power & Industrial, Oil & Gas and Medical Devices.
They have a growing Electronics, Systems, and Software engineering capability in the UK supporting customers in the Aerospace & Defence industry.
We are looking for an experienced Project Engineering Lead/ Technical Programme Manager to lead the engineering activities on one of their complex avionics projects in Edinburgh.
- Lead the Engineering activities of a multi-discipline engineering team.
- Deliver Engineering Solutions on time to cost and performance
- Own and manage design compliance against requirements.
- Provide Engineering Support to Operations
- Proactive management of Engineering Risk and Opportunity
- Define and implement Cost reduction opportunities.
- Define and maintain engineering estimates, plans and schedules.
- Support project manager with monthly status/progress reports.
- Provide primary interface and support to Sales and Marketing Team including off-site support to trials activities.
Skills & Experience
- Track record in Systems Engineering or Electronics hardware development.
- Well-rounded engineering experiences in all phases of the Systems Engineering lifecycle across several projects or programmes and preferably across multiple engineering domains.
- Previously operated at Team Leader or Principal Engineer level.
- Experience of customer/ supplier relations and working within integrated Project Teams.
- Able to lead, encourage and share experience and knowledge with all other engineers within the team.
- Able to communicate effectively with the engineering team and wider functions such as Operations, Procurement, QA and Programme Management, and with Customer and multiple suppliers.
- Able to influence and drive change within the team.
- Extensive design experience, ideally in complex products for military applications.
- Experience of the application & management of the design lifecycle.
- Experience in negotiating and writing requirements specifications.
- Experience in communicating directly with customers both internal and external.
Please note: Due to the nature of the business all candidates must be eligible to obtain minimum Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BBPS) and SC clearance for this role.
In return, you can expect a comprehensive package, structured career development and the opportunity to work with leading-edge technologies for some of the world’s key engineering companies.
For a confidential discussion please contact Keith Tocher at Abercorn Sinclair, 07968 817387 – 0131-357-5993 firstname.lastname@example.org
About Abercorn Sinclair
Abercorn Sinclair is a specialist, technical recruitment consultancy based in Edinburgh. We provide permanent, interim, and contract services across the science, technology and engineering sectors.