Comprehensive benefits package
Optical Design Engineer
Abercorn Sinclair is delighted to be working in partnership with one of Scotland’s leading technology businesses within the burgeoning photonics sector.
Based in east central Scotland, they have an established team of engineering experts delivering cutting edge, bespoke solutions to numerous customers across the world.
The ideal candidate will be educated to MEng/MSc/PhD with some relevant industry experience behind them. Candidates must be able to demonstrate a broad understanding of the full development process including; optical design, modelling, optimisation, test and manufacture.
Reporting to the Head of product development, you will work as part of a multidisciplined design team with a focus on developing new products.
Responsibilities and Experience:
- Analysis of customer requirements and generation of product specification
- Design and test of optical components and systems, optical system modelling
- Optimisation of design for performance and manufacturability
- Development of software tools for product design and test analysis
- Exposure to: Paraxial design, Gaussian beam propagation, diffraction analysis
- Strong understanding of laser beam characteristics
- Design and modelling in ZEMAX or equivalent
This is great opportunity to work for a world leader in their field. As a customer facing role, we are looking for professional, creative and flexible individuals who are natural problem solvers and excel in a demanding and rewarding environment.
Competitive salary and benefits on offer
For a confidential discussion please call Keith Tocher on 0131 357 5993/07968 817387 or email email@example.com