Life Science & Biotechnology
Competitive + comprehensive benefits package
Abercorn Sinclair is proud to partner with Asklepios Biopharmaceutical (AskBio) as they seek to appoint a new role within their operations team, this position is based at the Roslin Innovation Centre, Edinburgh.
Asklepios Biopharmaceutical, Inc. (AskBio) is a leading, clinical-stage gene therapy company founded in 2001 based on the work of adeno-associated virus (AAV) gene therapy visionary and pioneer, Jude Samulski, PhD. Since that time, their commitment to developing life-saving medicines that can potentially cure genetic diseases has never wavered.
At AskBio, they’ve built a foundation of therapeutic programs, AAV manufacturing and a rich portfolio of patented technology. Their therapeutic focus includes neuromuscular, central nervous system, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases with clinical trials underway for Pompe disease, Parkinson’s disease, and congestive heart failure. Their gene therapy platform includes Pro10™, an industry-leading proprietary cell line manufacturing process, and an extensive AAV capsid and promoter library.
They became a wholly owned, independently operated, subsidiary of Bayer AG in late 2020 as a cornerstone of its newly formed Cell & Gene Therapy (CGT) platform. Their global headquarters is in Research Triangle Park, NC. Additionally, they have significant operations in Philadelphia, PA, Columbus, OH, Scotland, France, and Spain.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Business Operations, you will provide administrative support to several areas of the R&D unit including, but not limited to local site operations and support to the executive team.
- General office administration (filing, document scanning, answering phone calls, getting signatures etc.)
- Maintaining all office supplies, snacks & ordering merchandise
- Support the finance team
- Supporting Exec team with the production of scientific, technical and communication documents (PowerPoint, word etc)
- Liaising with their IT Support team where required
- Set-up for new members of staff and assist in the onboarding process
- Ensure office spaces meet the requirements of the company’s health and Safety policies and report any concerns to Management
- Minute taking
- Ad hoc support for the Site Head and the senior members of the staff
- Organising meetings (booking rooms, arranging refreshments, coordinating external attendees)
- Organising events, conferences & training, such as flu vaccination clinics and first aid training
- Organising travel utilising our travel partnerSupporting Employee committees in their initiatives
The candidate profile:
Excellent communication skills, in writing, in person and over the phoneAttention to detail, be highly organised and proactiveCompetency with all Microsoft office applications
This role could suit an individual with several years demonstrable experience as a PA, office administrator/manager, candidates with relevant industry experience within pharma, life science or biotechnology would be of particular interest but not a pre-requisite.
You will join a skilled operational team with the opportunity to work with a business at the forefront of gene regulation and play a meaningful role, in supporting the development of future gene therapy treatments.
You can expect to receive a competitive salary plus additional benefits including, a bonuses, life cover, critical illness, health, pension, cycle to work, onsite gym, and on-site café.
Please contact our retained partner, Keith Tocher at Abercorn Sinclair for a confidential discussion.
About Abercorn Sinclair
Abercorn Sinclair is a specialist, technical recruitment consultancy based in Edinburgh. We provide permanent, interim, and contract solutions across the science & technology sectors.