Comprehensive benefits package
Module Electronic Engineer
Abercorn Sinclair is supporting an established technology business in Edinburgh. They currently have an opening for an experienced Module Electronics Engineer to join their development team.
Based in central Edinburgh they offer a great work environment, plenty of opportunity to develop professionally and a comprehensive benefits package.
You will interpret and assess the electrical requirements of IC silicon dice used in their packages to deliver the specified performance. Identify and specify associated in module components (passives, drivers, support ICs) required to meet the electrical and mechanical requirements of the product, accounting for the mechanical restrictions imposed by the package, IC and other components.
- Specify the signal-to-pad allocation, pad size and pad distribution for the package electrical footprint
- generate a netlist and schematic diagram that accurately represents the electrical interconnect and maintain this throughout the design phase
- Responsible for ensuring the electrical performance of the design throughout; build, test, characterisation, final product review and approval
Skills and Knowledge:
- Product Development flow based on an FMEA led design methodology
- Understanding of mass-production design concepts, applying design rules to ensure good Cp, Cpk performance in production
- Electrical Circuit Design, at either substrate or PCB design level
- Understanding of the construction and manufacturing flows for PCB and organic or ceramic substrates
- Capability for electronic measurement and characterization at module and application level
- Knowledge of Semiconductor and microelectronics packaging
- Basic understand of design for optimizing thermal management
The candidate will be educated to degree level or higher within a relevant technical discipline and have a few years industry experience within a similar role.
A willingness to travel to manufacturing plants and suppliers worldwide is essential.
You can expect a very competitive salary + full benefits package
For a confidential discussion please call Keith Tocher on 0131 357 5993/07968 817387 or email firstname.lastname@example.org