Comprehensive benefits package
Mechanical Design (IC – Packaging)
Abercorn Sinclair is supporting an established technology business in Edinburgh. They currently have an opening for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join their development team.
Based in central Edinburgh they offer a great work environment, plenty of opportunity to develop professionally and a comprehensive benefits package.
The role will be centred around mechanical design for Time of Flight and other optical sensors, to produce modules for high volume, mass production.
- Mechanical package design for consumer electronics applications
- Material and process selection
- Detailed 2D drawings and 3D modelling
- Finite Element Analysis for stress and thermal modelling
- Co-operation with related disciplines including optical, process & product engineers
- Design for high volume manufacture, assembly compatibility, tolerance analysis.
- Verifying mechanical design by simulation and characterization of parts
- Knowledge of FMEA lead design processes
- Design Engineering processes (FMEA, DFM, Tolerance Analysis)
- CAD literacy in Solidworks or similar (2D drawing and 3D modelling)
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) & Thermal analysis
- Computation Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- Material science (Thermoset plastics)
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree/MSc/PhD level in a relevant discipline with some industry experience within a similar role.
You will be a natural problems solver, have excellent communications skills and be able to work as part of an integrated design team.
The role requires interactions with multiple stakeholders in various geographic locations, as such, the successful candidate is expected to work in various time zones and to be able to travel at short notice.
You can expect a very competitive salary + full benefits package
For a confidential discussion please call Keith Tocher on 0131 357 5993/07968 817387 or email firstname.lastname@example.org