Standard benefits package
Mechanical Design Consultant
Our client based in Edinburgh, is a specialist medical device consultancy that develop a range of drug delivery and diagnostic devices for some of the worlds leading organisations.
They currently have multiple vacancies for both industrial and mechanical engineers.
Required skill sets and experience:
- Mechanism design expertise
- Medical Device or Drug Delivery Development expertise (ideally but not essential)
- Experience in injected moulded design for high volume products
- Familiarity with ISO 13485 development process (ideally but not essential)
- 3D CAD software expertise
- Use of FEA Software
- Experience of FMEA analysis techniques
- A thorough understanding of modern DFA & DFM techniques
- Understanding of electrical component packaging, EMC & PCB design
You will be educated to degree/MSc level in mechanical engineering and have some demonstrable industry experience behind you. You will be a natural problems solver, inquisitive engineer and have great attention to detail and have knowledge of the full product design life cycle.
If medical device development is your passion, our client can offer an amazing opportunity to work with some of the worlds leading pharmaceutical and diagnostics companies.
You can expect to receive a competitive salary plus additional benefits
For a confidential discussion please contact our retained partner, Keith Tocher at Abercorn Sinclair.
About Abercorn Sinclair
Abercorn Sinclair is a specialist, technical recruitment consultancy based in Edinburgh. We provide permanent, interim and contract services across the science, technology and engineering sectors.