Comprehensive benefits package
Manufacturing Technician (Scientific)
Abercorn Sinclair is delighted to partner with Synpromics Ltd, ‘An AskBio Company’, as they look to add several new positions to their team at the Roslin Innovation Centre.
Formed in 2010, Synpromics quickly became recognised as a leader in the field of gene regulation. By designing and developing synthetic promoters they can regulate genes with unprecedented control, in any cell type or environmental condition.
In mid-2019, Synpromics was acquired by Askepios Biopharmaceutical (AskBio), one of the world’s leading therapeutic companies, whose founding partner pioneered the use of Adeno Associated Virus (AAV) as a viral vector.
The role will primarily involve the production and purification of viruses from mammalian cells therefore, experience of manufacturing processes (USP/DSP and QC) would be highly advantageous. Ideally you will have experience of recombinant protein, virus or biologic manufacture in an industrial setting.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in the manufacture of viruses (AAV preferable), recombinant protein or biologics, cell culture aseptic working techniques is essential
- Knowledge of purification (DSP) and analytics (QC) for bioproducts would be advantageous
- Technical knowledge of molecular biology techniques, such as PCR, cloning, and sequence analysis and manipulation, would be advantageous
- Adept at working with and updating SOPs to produce reproducible results
- Experience of fundamental lab skills, e.g. pipetting, aliquoting reagents, media/solution preparation, working in a GLP environment
- Effective written and verbal communication across/between team members and management
- Experience in H&S, COSHH, and Risk Assessments
- Detail-oriented and able to perform precise work
- Effectively manage own time/workload to meet deliverables with minimal oversight
This role could suit an HND/BSc qualified candidate with at least a couple of years industry experience behind them in a similar manufacturing discipline.
This is a unique opportunity to join an exciting, rapidly expanding gene therapy company that has a proven history of developing highly effective, life changing therapies.
You will be joining a highly skilled team with the opportunity to work at the front end of gene regulation and play a vital role, to aid the development of future therapies.
You can expect to receive a competitive salary plus additional benefits including; life, critical illness, health, pension, cycle to work, onsite gym, on site café.
For a confidential discussion please contact our retained partner, Keith Tocher at Abercorn Sinclair.
About Abercorn Sinclair
Abercorn Sinclair is a specialist, technical recruitment consultancy based in Edinburgh. We provide permanent, interim and contract services across the science, technology and engineering sectors.