Software Development /IT & Infrastructure
Comprehensive benefits package and market leading salaries
Abercorn Sinclair is working with global organisation in Edinburgh to source several new software engineers for their highly experienced engineering development team.
As part of the Cloud Technology unit, their engineering team in Edinburgh specialise in the development of APIs to enable and support their vast range of services, systems and platforms for their global customer base.
The team have also assumed responsibility for a variety of UI initiatives therefore, there are also development opportunities in this field.
Due to the scale and resource of the business they have flex within in the organisation to onboard individuals with a range of experience levels from recent MSc graduates through to highly experienced Snr Engineers.
- Work closely with engineering and technical planning teams to ensure services return accurate information reliably and quickly
- Create tooling and automation to reduce operational burdens
- Write, review and maintain code primarily in Java
Essential experience, skills and attributes
- Primary language skills - Java
- Experience in designing and developing scalable and distributed RESTful APIs
- Familiar with continuous integration & continuous deployment (CI/CD) practices
- Be a natural and talented problem solver with demonstrable experience in troubleshooting and diagnostics across multiple technologies and distributed systems
- Be curious and have a keen interest in continual learning & improvement
- Experience with cloud service providers, in particular AWS & Azure
- Exposure to monitoring services e.g. New Relic, Datadog and Splunk
- Experience of development on frameworks such as, Spring, Play & Akka
- Experience using some of the following; Terraform, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, MySQL, Redis and Elastic Search
- Ability to debug and tune JVM workloads
- Proficient working with Linux systems
You will join a team of around fifty talented engineers working on multiple initiatives both locally, and in collaboration with international teams based in the US and India. You will have the opportunity to contribute to an extensive range of services and solutions that truly have a global footprint, and in doing so, expand your existing skill set across multiple technologies with the support and resource you could only expect from an industry leader.
You can expect market leading salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including bonus and stock. These are site based roles however, they are flexible in their approach and offer a balanced mix of home and office based work. Typically, they would expect 3 days per week in the office but they would endeavour to find a practical solution that works for all parties.
Three stages: 1. Introductory call 2. Code review 3. Technical interview
For a confidential discussion please contact our recruitment partner, Keith Tocher at Abercorn Sinclair.
About Abercorn Sinclair
Abercorn Sinclair is a specialist, talent search and selection consultancy based in Edinburgh. We provide permanent, interim, and contract services across the science, technology, and engineering sectors.