Life Science & Biotechnology
Comprehensive benefits package
In Vivo Scientist – Gene therapy
Abercorn Sinclair is proud to partner with Asklepios Biopharmaceutical (AskBio), as they look to appoint several In Vivo Scientists to their R&D team at the Roslin Innovation Centre.
Formally Synpromics Ltd, they were formed in 2010 and quickly became recognised as a leader in the field of gene regulation. By designing and developing synthetic promoters they can regulate genes with unprecedented control, in any cell type or environmental condition.
In mid-2019, they were acquired by AskBio, one of the world’s foremost therapeutic organisations, whose founding partner pioneered the use of Adeno Associated Virus (AAV) as a viral vector.
Having recently obtained their ASPA licence, these are new posts within the organisation. They are looking for experienced in vivo scientist with a strong industry background. The successful candidates will predominately be working with rodents (mice).
Skills and experience:
- Experience with mice perfusion, harvesting and collections of different murine organs and subsequent preparations for DNA/RNA and protein analysis
- Knowledge with qPCR, RT-PCR, ddPCR, and western blotting
- Experience with cryostat and/or microtome would be advantageous
- Experience in different routes of administration (IV), (IM), (IP), (SC), (ID), to administrate viral vectors, drugs, and other chemical reagents
- Working with wild type mice (CD1s, C57 blacks, BALB/Cs. etc) and/or with mice diseased models (neurological, neuromuscular, cardiovascular, haematopoietic, and metabolic genetic disorders) to utilise them as a model organism
- Strong organisational skills, able to deal with a large volume of samples
- A confident communicator both verbally and written
- Effectively manage own workload to meet project deliverables
- Motivated to learn and develop new methods and techniques
This role could suit a Degree qualified candidate with some demonstrable lab experience behind them, we are seeking individuals with relevant in vivo experience (dissection to analysis) within a similar scientific environment. Candidates from an industry setting would be of particular interest, however, we also welcome applications from individuals from academic institutes.
You can expect to receive a competitive salary plus additional benefits including, life insurance, critical illness, health, pension, cycle to work, onsite gym, on-site café.
About Abercorn Sinclair
Abercorn Sinclair is a specialist, technical recruitment consultancy based in Edinburgh. We provide permanent, interim, and contract services across the science, technology, and engineering sectors.