Comprehensive benefits package
Abercorn Sinclair is supporting one of their tech clients based in the central belt as they look to add a new Hardware or VHDL Engineer to their design team. They have the capacity to bring on an individual with a strong, mixed background in electronics design with either H/W or VHDL experience.
Working within the R&D team you will deliver high performance, high speed designs for both, new and legacy products.
- Creating new high-speed digital designs and/or modifying existing designs to support
delivery of new product features as per specification
- Designing for high speed Microprocessor, DDR, SRAM/SDRAM & FPGA
- Taking designs through the NPI lifecycle to ensure manufacturability
- Estimating and delivering to timescales based on an outline of the requirements
- Support quality-oriented activities to deliver a product that will delight our customers
- Develop domain knowledge to understand the real-life application for their product features
Skills and experience:
- Complex, schematic design experience –preferably with OrCAD
- Experience of designing complex multi-layer PCBs
- Ability to develop architectures from a product specification
- High speed serial I/O design to 25Gbit/s
- VHDL design - high speed FPGA based digital designs and/or modifying existing designs to support delivery of new product features as per specification
- Large, complex designs on Xilinx Ultrascale and/or Ultrascale+ series using Vivado & ModelSim
- Power and clocking distribution in a system
- Board level schematic design incorporating Microprocessor, DDR, QDR SRAM/SDRAM
- Knowledge of Ethernet packet structures and Telecoms Framing structures
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant technical discipline with several years industry experience in a similar, structured design role. You will be a strong team player with the ability to work across multi-disciplined teams and have a passion for delivering leading edge designs.
In return you can expect a very competitive salary + comprehensive benefits
For a confidential discussion, please contact Keith Tocher on 0131-357-5993 at Abercorn Sinclair Ltd.
If this role is not quite what you are looking for, but you would like to register your CV. Please upload your CV via the Abercorn Sinclair website.