Life Science & Biotechnology
Competitive + comprehensive benefits package
Group Leader – (iPSC Biology)
Abercorn Sinclair is proud to partner with Skylark Therapeutics as they seek to appoint several new scientific roles to their early-stage research team in Stevenage.
Led by a seasoned executive team, Skylark is an early-stage venture focused on applying the company’s proprietary Genome Editing induced Gene Silencing platform (GEiGS) to the development of novel human therapeutics.
The GEiGS technology facilitates Stable, Tunable, and Programmable silencing activity, differentiating it from alternative gene editing or gene regulation approaches, and specifically enables the production of programmable, next-generation cell therapies, addressing many current limitations.
Joining a multidisciplinary team of computational and experimental biologists, you will have the opportunity to play a crucial role in a cutting-edge research program that will have a real impact on patients’ lives.
As Group Leader, you will have the overall responsibility of setting up a new laboratory and growing and developing a high-performing research team.
Due to the early-stage nature of the company we are looking for resourceful and pragmatic individuals who are collaborative in their approach and relish working in a dynamic environment.
Skills and experience:
- Extensive cell biology experience, specifically around iPSCs/stem cells
- Knowledge of cell therapy landscape and platform technologies across diverse therapeutic areas
- iPSC derivation, expansion, and characterisation/QC?
- Forward differentiation – assessment of existing, and development of new, protocols and methodologies
- Use of in-vitro and in-vivo assays to characterise cell therapy products
- Flow cytometry assay development and FACS/cell sorting
- Previous experience setting up a new laboratory?, and building high performing, early-stage teams
- Experience with genetic manipulation of mammalian cells including gene-editing tools/RNAi?
- Use of viral vectors for gene delivery (esp. Lentivirus)
- Molecular biology and design of synthetic DNA constructs
- Good understanding and experience in IPR-related areas – landscaping, FTO searches, and application drafting
- Educated to Ph.D. level with several years demonstrable industry experience within a similar role
- Proven line management and project leadership experience in an industry setting
- Strong communication skills with the proven ability to relay information effectively and efficiently, both to computational and experimental scientists
- Team-orientation toward collaboration and mutual success
- Ability to ensure reproducible and transferable work through the use of appropriate procedures and documentation
This is a unique opportunity to join an exciting therapeutics company at the start of their journey and play a critical role in the development of future, life-changing treatments.
You can expect to receive a highly competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package.
For a confidential discussion please contact our retained partner, Keith Tocher at Abercorn Sinclair.
Please note: All third-party applications will be directed to our retained partner at Abercorn Sinclair to be processed.
About Abercorn Sinclair
Abercorn Sinclair is a specialist, technical recruitment consultancy based in Edinburgh. We provide a range of bespoke services across the science, technology, and engineering sectors.