Engineering Design, Life Science & Biotechnology
Competitive benefits package
Development Engineer (Embedded)
Abercorn Sinclair is delighted to be supporting a leading, medical device organisation in Edinburgh, as they seek to appoint a new Development Engineer into their Hardware team.
This is a varied role working within a small, multi-skilled team. You will be tasked with both, new product development and supporting new features for some legacy products
Skills and experience:
- Embedded firmware design and programming using C
- Low Power electronics design
- Standard and programmable logic
- Digital and Analogue circuits (Analogue experience would be advantageous)
- Battery charging/power management
- Full product development lifecycle
- Design within a regulated industry; avionics, automotive, medical devices
- IEC 60601 family / IEC 62304 standards
- Interface design, Bluetooth/USB Etc.
- Schematic capture/PCB for SFF products.
- Test harness and tool development - C# / .NET
The ideal engineer will be educated to degree level or equivalent within a relevant technical discipline (Electronics/microelectronics) and have several years of industry experience behind them. Any demonstrable design experience from medical devices or another regulated industry would be highly desirable however, we welcome applications from all sectors.
In return, you can expect a very competitive base salary, pension, life assurance, 28 days + bank holidays and flexible work environment with city-centre offices.
For a confidential discussion please contact our recruitment partner, Keith Tocher at Abercorn Sinclair.
About Abercorn Sinclair
Abercorn Sinclair is a specialist, technical recruitment consultancy based in Edinburgh. We provide permanent, interim, and contract services across the science, technology, and engineering sectors.