Engineering Design, Software Development /IT & Infrastructure
Competitive benefits package
Customer Support Manager (Avionics)
Abercorn Sinclair is delighted to partner with Trig Avionics as they seek to appoint a new Customer Support Manager to their team.
Based in Edinburgh, Trig Avionics is a world leader in the design and manufacture of a wide range of avionics products for General Aviation rotary, fixed-wing, and light-sport aircraft. Their product range includes but is not limited to radios, transponders, GPS receivers, and audio panels.
Their founder, a seasoned entrepreneur, and pilot launched the business in 2004. Seventeen years on they continue to go from strength to strength and now operate from two facilities, with their HQ & design office in Edinburgh and their manufacturing/assembly plant in Amersfoort (Netherlands). Both sites operate customer support labs and this role can be based at either location.
You will assume responsibility for their small support team overseeing customer enquiries, and repairs on any returned products in their EASA and CAA Part 145 approved workshops. You will also provide support and oversight of their third-party support partners to ensure Trig customers’ are receiving the required level of support around the world.
- Leadership of customer support engineering team ensuring all staff are operating at the correct competence level and certified
- Work closely with Regulator to ensure compliance with all (EASA Part 145) regulations
- Resource management: staff, tools, facilities etc.
- Manage and support both direct and private label customers
- Escalation point of contact for customer queries
- Continuously develop their support systems and procedures
- Develop and up-skill the support team
- Work closely with sales and engineering to develop future product concepts, plan NPI and product phase-out
- Management reporting responsibilities including but not limited to; weekly departmental workloads, capacity analysis, product issues and monthly strategic trend analysis and customer feedback
Skills and experience:
- Ideal candidate will be educated to degree level in an engineering discipline or have significant industry experience
- Technical or user experience of aircraft systems / avionics
- Relevant customer support experience within a technical discipline
- Leadership/management experience
If you are looking to join a passionate, highly experienced engineering team, Trig Avionics could be the company for you. You will play a key role supporting their existing and future products and have the opportunity to work with a unique Scottish technology business that operates on the world stage.
You can expect a competitive salary, flexible working, and a range of other benefits.
For a confidential discussion please contact our retained recruitment partner Abercorn Sinclair Ltd. by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 07968817387 / 0131-357-5993
Please note: All direct and third-party applications will be forwarded to Abercorn Sinclair to be processed.
About Abercorn Sinclair
Abercorn Sinclair is a specialist, technical recruitment consultancy based in Edinburgh. We provide permanent, interim, and contract talent solutions across the science, technology, and engineering sectors.