Competitive benefits package
Consultant - Software Engineer (C/Linux/C++)
Abercorn Sinclair is supporting a local Electronics Design Consultancy based in Livingston. In late 2019 they were acquired by a large US business so they are now part of a global organisation offering a full range of design and manufacturing services across multiple sectors.
Due to continued growth and a high volume of new projects they are looking to add a Software Consultant Engineer to their multiskilled team in Livingston.
The role: (This is a permanent, staff role).
Working closely with a range of customers you will help them develop innovative products across Smart Metering, O&G, medical devices, defense, industrial applications, etc.
You will be involved at all design stages from proof-of-concept to prototype and full production design.
- Experience developing embedded / real-time systems
- Strong Modern C++ and C skills, gained in a commercial environment
- Linux system development (e.g. Yocto, Debian)
- 16 and 32-bit microcontrollers (e.g. ARM, PIC, MSP430, DSP)
- Standard buses and protocols (e.g. Ethernet, USB, RS232, I2C, SPI)
- Embedded control of wireless modules (e.g. Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, LoRa, NFC)
- Experienced in a variety of development environments and tools
- Development of high-quality code and adherence to best coding practices
- Software problem-solving and bug-fixing
You will be a natural problem solver, be comfortable creating customer-ready documentation and enjoy working in a dynamic environment.
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant technical discipline and have at least a few years of industry experience behind them. The business is keen to source an experienced engineer but has the capacity to onboard an engineer, earlier in their career who may still require mentorship and development.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing consultancy and get exposure to a wide range of sectors and technologies. They are a very flexible organisation and welcome applications from a variety of industries.
In return, you can expect a very competitive salary, pension, and flexible working conditions.
For a confidential discussion please call Keith Tocher on 0131 357 5993/07968 817387 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
About Abercorn Sinclair
Abercorn Sinclair is a specialist, technical recruitment consultancy based in Edinburgh. We provide permanent, interim, and contract services across the science, technology, and engineering sectors.