Very competitive salary + Pension + Flexible working
Consultant - Electronics/Hardware Engineer
Abercorn Sinclair is supporting a local Electronics Consultancy based in Livingston. Recently acquired by a large international business they are now part of a global organisation offering a full range of design and manufacturing services across multiple sectors.
Due to continued growth and high volume of new projects they are looking to add an Electronics Consultant Engineer to their small, experienced team in Livingston.
This is a permanent, staff role.
Working closely with a range of customers you will design, build and test complex electronics modules and help them develop innovative solutions.
You will be a natural problem solver, be comfortable creating customer-ready documentation and enjoy working across a wide range of sectors from O&G to medical devices, defence etc.
You will be involved in proof-of-concept to prototype and full production design.
Due to the nature of the business, engineers with specific specialisms or a broad, mixed hardware background can be considered for this post. If you have some of the outlined experience below, we would like to hear from you.
- Schematic capture, PCB design, simulation
- Digital and analogue system design
- Microcontroller system design
- Design experience with system interconnects RS232, USB, SPI, I2C, CAN, Ethernet etc.
- Power supply design
- High speed digital design
- Wireless modules/RF experience (e.g. Wifi, BLE/Bluetooth, RFID)
- Design experience with FPGAs, CPLDs and DSPs
- Verification of prototypes and transfer to manufacture
- EMC testing, failure analysis
- Experience of highly regulated development processes, e.g. medical devices, ATEX
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant technical discipline and have a few years industry experience behind them. The business is open to onboarding very experienced individuals but also has the capacity to bring on engineers, earlier in their career who may still require mentorship and development.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing consultancy and get exposure to a wide range of sectors and technologies. They are a very flexible organisation and welcome applications from a variety of industries.
In return you can expect a very competitive salary, pension, and flexible working conditions.
For a confidential discussion please call Keith Tocher on 0131 357 5993/07968 817387 or email email@example.com