Life Science & Biotechnology
Comprehensive benefits package
Cell line Development Scientist/Snr
Abercorn Sinclair is proud to partner with Asklepios Biopharmaceutical (AskBio), as they look to add several new Cell Line Scientists to their team at the Roslin Innovation Centre.
Formally Synpromics Ltd, they were formed in 2010 and quickly became recognised as a leader in the field of gene regulation. By designing and developing synthetic promoters they can regulate genes with unprecedented control, in any cell type or environmental condition.
In mid-2019, they were acquired by AskBio, one of the world’s foremost therapeutic organisations, whose founding partner pioneered the use of Adeno Associated Virus (AAV) as a viral vector.
You will join the rapidly expanding R&D team to develop the next generation cell lines used to produce AAVs for Gene Therapies. The ideal candidate will have a solid grounding in virology and cell line development. Individuals with specific experience and detailed knowledge of AAV would be of significant interest.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience with mammalian tissue culture
- Development of stable cell lines (ideally for viral vector production)
- Preparation of adeno-associated virus
- Experience with a variety of cellular and molecular biology techniques such as cloning, RT-PCR, CRISPR, assay development, etc
- Diligent recording of data; high attention to detail; experience with ELN and databases
- An understanding of hypothesis-driven experimentation
- Working in a GLP environment
- Lab management, ensuring appropriate levels of control over scientific data, equipment, and materials, maintaining appropriate levels of documentation, record keeping, and procedures
- Collaboration with the broader team to complete project deliverables
- Interact with senior members of the research team to ensure appropriate experimental design and analysis
- Health and Safety and GMO risk assessments
- Innovative and natural problem solver; able to “join the dots” of disparate information
- Detail-oriented and able to perform precise work in the laboratory
- Confident and clear presentation of data, verbally and through written reports
- Effectively manage own time/workload to meet project deliverables with minimal oversight
- Motivated to learn and master new methods and techniques
This role could suit a Ph.D. qualified candidate with several years of relevant industry experience behind them. Due to the structure of the team, nature of the role, and current growth of the Edinburgh site, we are open to considering candidates with varying levels of industry experience. We would especially welcome applications from individuals with a virology background in gene therapy development.
This is a unique opportunity to join an exciting, rapidly expanding gene therapy company that has a proven history of developing highly effective, life-changing therapies.
You will be joining a highly skilled team with the opportunity to work at the front end of gene regulation and play a vital role in the development of future gene therapy treatments.
You can expect to receive a competitive salary plus additional benefits including, life, critical illness, health, pension, cycle to work, onsite gym, on-site café.
For a confidential discussion please contact our retained partner, Keith Tocher at Abercorn Sinclair.
About Abercorn Sinclair
Abercorn Sinclair is a specialist, technical recruitment consultancy based in Edinburgh. We provide permanent, interim, and contract services across the science, technology, and engineering sectors.