Life Science & Biotechnology
Comprehensive benefits package
Abercorn Sinclair is proud to partner with Asklepios Biopharmaceutical (AskBio), as they look to add several new positions to their team at the Roslin Innovation Centre.
Formally Synpromics Ltd, they were formed in 2010 and quickly became recognised as a leader in the field of gene regulation. By designing and developing synthetic promoters they can regulate genes with unprecedented control, in any cell type or environmental condition.
In mid-2019, they were acquired by AskBio, one of the world’s foremost therapeutic organisations, whose founding partner pioneered the use of Adeno Associated Virus (AAV) as a viral vector.
AskBio is now a wholly owned and independently operated subsidiary of Bayer AG
Reporting to the Director of Bioinformatics you will work as part of an established, multidisciplined team incorporating, software, bioinformatics and machine learning. You will predominately be developing novel and innovative computational methods for the analysis of their datasets and working on PromPT®, their design engine utilising current bioinformatics techniques.
You will be enthusiastic, ambitious, and a highly driven individual with a passion for bioinformatics.
Technical experience and knowledge:
- MSc Or PhD in bioinformatics/biostatistics
- Python programming (principal language used)
- NGS data analysis
- Statistical analysis of DNA sequence and molecular datasets
- Effective communication of complex concepts and data to non-experts
- An excellent track/publication record
Additional/beneficial areas of knowledge:
- Demonstrable experience of developing novel computational methods
- Experience analysing and interpreting clinical data
- Familiarity with integrating multi-omics datasets, including proteomics and metabolomics
- Specific knowledge of AAV capsid design or broader virology experience
- Ideally have an advanced understanding of gene regulation
- Experience contributing to projects involving cross-disciplinary and global teams
- Knowledge of other data analysis languages, such as R or Matlab
- Familiarity with Unix-like systems
- Knowledge of workflow management systems such as Snakemake/Nextflow
This role could suit an MSc qualified candidate with a few years of industry experience behind them, or a recent bioinformatics PhD graduate, looking for their first industry role.
Due to the structure of the team and current growth rate of the Edinburgh site, we have the capacity to consider more senior candidates with several years industry experience.
This is a great opportunity to join an exciting, rapidly expanding gene therapy company that has a proven history of developing highly effective, life changing therapies.
You will be joining a highly skilled team with the opportunity to work at the forefront of gene therapy and directly influence the development of their therapeutics.
You can expect to receive a competitive salary plus extensive additional benefits including, bonus, life assurance, critical illness, health, pension, cycle to work, onsite gym, on site café.
For a confidential discussion please contact our retained partner, Keith Tocher at Abercorn Sinclair.
About Abercorn Sinclair
Abercorn Sinclair is a specialist, technical recruitment consultancy based in Edinburgh. We provide permanent, interim and contract services across the science & technology sectors.