Big Data, IT Software, Life Science
Comprehensive benefits package
Abercorn Sinclair is delighted to partner with Synpromics Ltd, ‘An AskBio Company’, as they look to add several new positions to their team at the Roslin Innovation Centre.
Formed in 2010, Synpromics quickly became recognised as a leader in the field of gene regulation. By designing and developing synthetic promoters they can regulate genes with unprecedented control, in any cell type or environmental condition.
In mid-2019, Synpromics was acquired by Askepios Biopharmaceutical (AskBio), one of the world’s leading therapeutic companies, whose founding partner pioneered the use of Adeno Associated Virus (AAV) as a viral vector.
Reporting to the Director of Bioinformatics you will work as part of an established, multidisciplined team incorporating; software, bioinformatics, machine learning and biology. You will predominately be working on PromPT®, their design engine utilising current bioinformatics techniques as well as developing novel and innovative computational methods for the analysis of their datasets.
You will be enthusiastic, ambitious and highly driven individual with a passion for bioinformatics and ideally have an advanced understanding of gene regulation.
Technical experience and knowledge:
- MSc Or PhD in bioinformatics/biostatistics
- Python programming (principal language used)
- NGS data analysis, particularly applied to gene expression
- Knowledge of NGS technologies
- Statistical analysis of DNA sequence and molecular datasets
- Effective communication of complex concepts and data to non-experts
- An excellent track/publication record
Additional/beneficial areas of knowledge:
- Demonstrable experience of developing novel computational methods
- Knowledge of other data analysis languages, such as R/Java/Matlab
- Familiarity with enhancer landmark datasets
- Experience contributing to projects involving cross-disciplinary and global teams
- An understanding of the role of signalling pathways and molecular targets in human disease, specific knowledge of signalling pathways in eukaryotes
- Familiarity with Unix-like systems
This role could suit an MSc qualified candidate with a couple of years industry experience behind them, or a recent bioinformatics PhD graduate, looking for their first industry role.
This is a unique opportunity to join an exciting, rapidly expanding gene therapy company that has a proven history of developing highly effective, life changing therapies.
You will be joining a highly skilled team with the opportunity to work at the front end of gene regulation and directly influence the development of the therapeutic expression cassette.
You can expect to receive a competitive salary plus additional benefits including; life, critical illness, health, pension, cycle to work, onsite gym, on site café.
For a confidential discussion please contact our retained partner, Keith Tocher at Abercorn Sinclair.
About Abercorn Sinclair
Abercorn Sinclair is a specialist, technical recruitment consultancy based in Edinburgh. We provide permanent, interim and contract services across the science, technology and engineering sectors.