Engineering, IT Software
Comprehensive benefits package
Abercorn Sinclair is supporting one of their tech clients based in the central belt as they look to add a new Applications/Support Engineer to their Product Support team. They develop leading edge test & measurement products that are used to verify the performance of network equipment and the network itself.
You will work closely with their product design teams, become an expert on the use of these products, and provide first class technical solutions to their global customers. You may become the expert on multiple product lines. This is a varied role combining the ability to develop deep technical expertise with strong communication and customer facing skills.
Some limited travel will be involved.
- Becoming a product expert
- Being the ‘go to’ expert on one or multiple product lines.
- Providing timely and accurate responses to product/technology questions from internal and external customers.
- Working closely with the product design team to investigate issues and influence requirements and design change.
- Build strong relationships with the inhouse sales team and sales partners by providing excellent support.
- Set up a demo lab to conduct Product Demos and re-create customer scenarios.
- Developing technical marketing collateral such as Application Notes, White Papers, Test Reports.
- Developing scripts to provide custom solutions to key customers.
- Supporting trade fairs, plug-fests and customer visits to promote their products and expertise.
- Willingness and ability to learn about the products and their applications
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Strong, natural problem solver
- Previous experience in direct technical interactions with customers
- Programming/scripting experience
The ideal candidate will be educated degree level in Engineering, Physics, Computer Science or equivalent and have some industry experience behind them. Candidates from a product support/Applications engineering background would be of particular interest however, not a prerequisite.
We are looking for technical individuals who have the interest and capacity to work an support customers and become the technical expert in a particular or multiple product lines.
In return you can expect a very competitive salary + comprehensive benefits
For a confidential discussion, please contact Keith Tocher on 0131-357-5993 / 07968817387 at Abercorn Sinclair Ltd.
If this role is not quite what you are looking for, but you would like to register your CV. Please upload your CV via the Abercorn Sinclair website.